Tuesday, November 30, 2010

decking the halls...

Yes, I'm still at it. But you will never hear a complaint from this girl about decorating, especially Christmas decorating. My house is bumping with the tunes of Christmas, and smelling like a fresh pine forest! My husband even joined me in watching A Christmas Vacation... and of course, hysterically laughing the whole movie. Last night, Elf was the choice, and I even started wrapping presents to put under the tree. Here are a few more of the decorations I've put out, and some crafts, too! But first, I will start with out 2010 Christmas Tree! 
MERRY CHRISTMAS, Y'ALL!!!!!!!! 
2008 Christmas Ornament
 2009 Ornament
 2010 Ornament - purchased on our trip to Carmel, California.
 Wedding Ornament
Our beautiful tree!!!
Now for a super easy, and adorable project... a branch vase with hanging ornaments. Start by going outside and finding branches in all different shapes and sizes. I added a LIGHT coat of white spray paint because I also wanted the look of the natural wood to show through. After that completely dried, I added a quick spray to the ends of the branches with snow spray. Turned out pretty cute. I just stuffed some floral foam in the bottom of my pitcher and stuck the sticks into that, then added some torn white tissue paper around the top. Just add some bulbs and your set! I filled my platter with some sprays of leftover fresh garland, and some red berries.
Another easy project... a new door wreath. Not only was last years wreath SMASHED in the storage box, it was looking a bit worn... so a new one was a must! I wanted something simple because of my red front door... I started with a grapevine wreath ($3.00), and gave it a light spray of white paint.  I then added my glitter branches, white berry sprays, and bulbs with floral wire. For a finishing touch that I COULDN'T pass up... a teeny tiny silver birdie. I love birds, and this one fit perfectly! Makes the whole wreath, actually! 
I will close this with one last photo... my mantel. I can't even tell ya how much I love it. I swear, it's not coming down until February! I mean that! ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com