Sunday, November 21, 2010

thankful.

It is that time of year again!
Thanksgiving is such a special holiday to me... a full day of giving thanks with people you love, and a table of delicious food for you to feast on... well, i can't think of any better day.  :)
Since our move from West Virginia to South Carolina, Thanksgiving has became our 'own' holiday. Falling on a Thursday, and having to take off the Friday after makes it a bit hard to go home. So last year, we began our own tradition. It was my first holiday away from my family, and it was very tough, but we made an amazing meal and had a great day. This year, we are celebrating with some close friends, and again, making a HUGE feast! I can't wait. So, in preparation for our Thanksgiving party, I am working on making my home look festive, and will share some of these amazing projects that i plan to tackle this week! 
I plan on decorating my table with miniature pumpkin name holders, pumpkin candlesticks, and for the centerpiece - a three wick candle tied with colorful corn... beautiful and very festive.
photo taken from eddieross.com
Burlap and twine are my new favorite things... I will be incorporating these into my decor. Stay tuned to see how my projects turn out!!! Another thing that i am super excited about... this year we are adding a dish to our thanksgiving menu - Tyler Florence's whipped sweet potatoes and bananas with honey... can't wait! HERE is a link to the recipe.  Enjoy.

A few things that i am thankful for:
~ the ability to live every day to its fullest
~ good health
~ a fabulous husband that continuously amazes me
~ my two beautiful and amazing pups, Oliver and Emmylou
~ my amazing family, especially my Dad, and the fact that is he doing SOOOOO great
~ my home, my car, and my job for providing me the access to have all the things i do
~ panera bread french onion soup... at only 200 calories a cup, it's been a life saver :-)
~ holiday parties... i love them!
Last night was the Regional Festival of Trees Gala in Spartanburg. I LOVE getting dressed up and going out! Even if have worked four 12 hour shifts on my feet then have to put on heels... who's complaining! Here we are at the Gala.
I love that his tie matched my belt... it's the little things in life that make me happy!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Hope your day is filled with loving family and delicious treats!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com