Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Almost 2011

I cannot believe it is November... this year has seriously flown by. It has definitely been a busy year for us with all the travels. It is nice that work will allow you to escape from home for a weekend every now and again! Just this past weekend, David's work sent him to Sewanee, Tennessee, and of course we made a trip of it! We spent one night on the campus of the University of the South, which is absolutely beautiful, then made the short drive to Atlanta to meet up with some friends.
Some images from the campus...

Now that we are settled back home, it is time to start planning for Christmas... I can't believe it's almost that time of year again! Time to start shopping :) When November rolls around, I always get into a 'holiday' mood, and there are always certain things that I LOVE!!!!
Here is a list of a few favorites...
Teavana Chai Mate, with a spoonful of agave nectar.
The smell of Pumpkin Spice filling my home.
Chobani organic greek yogurt.
Having a Trader Joe's in my neighborhood!!!
Planning our Thanksgiving Party.
Emeril's recipe for Bayou Chicken Pasta - google it, make it, LOVE IT! Seriously, it's so good!
Anthropologie window displays.
MY NEW MACBOOK :-)
The planning in my head of this years handmade Christmas cards.
The movies that I watch every year, starting around this time - White Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life, Little Women, A Christmas Story, and Miracle on 34th Street.
The fact that my hibiscus plant in still blooming like crazy
Another list.... (i'm obsessed with lists). A playlist is always going through my brain. Whether I be driving in the car, cleaning the house, or just sitting on the computer, I have a playlist for the occasion. Here is one of my favorites, a mix of new and old, currently playing while on a cleaning frenzy.
Florence + The Machine - Cosmic Love
Jimmy Eat World - Movielike
The Black Keys - The Only One
Andrew Belle - Don't Blame Yourself
Kings of Lean - Radioactive
Ingrid Michaelson - All Love
Mumford and Sons - Awake My Soul
She & Him - Me And You
Wheat - Breathe For Me Now
Radiohead - Reckoner
Katie Herzig - Songbird
The Helio Sequence - Can't Say No (I SO wish you could hear my husband sing this)
Delta Spirit - Strange Vine
Camera Obscura - Let's Get Out Of This Country
Band of Horses - Ode to LRC
Arcade Fire - Deep Blue
Sam & Ruby - Ain't Love Somethin'

Hope your November is filled with favorites!

1 comments:

Lori Hughes said...

Girl i just miss & love you ! but love to read thing's you write always makes me smile:)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com