Tuesday, December 7, 2010

productivity.

Today has been a very productive day for me…My home is filled with the tunes of The Temper Trap, and although my kitchen does not smell of home baked chocolate chip cookies, it is smelling of something baked! Get ready for this… homemade dog biscuits! Yes, my sweet pups got homemade treats today… many thanks to Katelyn for this terrific recipe that I will share with you.
Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tbsp. Baking powder
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup skim milk
cookie cutter… preferably something dog-like… since I was feeling festive, I used a candy cane cutter.
Directions:
1.      Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet. In a large bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Set aside.
2.     2.  In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter and milk. Stir in the flour until well blended. Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth. Roll out dough ¼” thick and cut into shapes.
3.     Place 2” apart on greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
Let cookies completely cool, then treat your four legged friend to a delish homemade treat!!! 
Here is how my treats turned out... and Oliver patiently waiting for them to come out of the oven.
For my next project... 
This project is one I have been working on in my brain for quite sometime, and finally got around to doing it. AND I ABSOLUTELY LOOOOOOOOVE HOW IT TURNED OUT! You truly need NO skills to do this... just a small bit of patience. 
And without further ado... 
Isn't it perfect! I adore it, and it looks SO cute hanging on my wall right beside the front door.... so EVERYONE can see it! Here is how I did it... 
Basically, it's the exact same concept as my last embroidery hoop project - Day of Crafting Perfection
Start by figuring out the height and width of the your fabric space you will have available to embroider. Open up a blank document in photoshop or word and plug in your numbers. Draw out your heart, then insert a text box with the initials you choose to use. I used a bold font on everything so it would be easy to trace.... Print your page. 
Next, position your fabric over the printout so that everything is centered the way you want it, and tape the corners down. If you have a lightbox, great... if not just use a window like I do. Hold your fabric and paper to the window and trace with a pencil around your heart and letters. 
Put your fabric in the embroidery hoop and embroider away! I used black and red because I liked the way the color popped on the burlap fabric. 
Here is a great video that shows you how to embroider a chain stitch, which is what I used for the heart.
Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com