Saturday, December 11, 2010

Are you there, Vodka???

I've not quite been in the reading mood lately it seems... Though during a conversation with my best friend, crystal, I was informed that I HAD to read a book she had just finished. While contemplating in my head on buying yet another book to only start and not finish, I decided to go ahead and make the purchase.
Are you there, Vodka? It's me, Chelsea
The name alone gave me a laugh, so I was intrigued. Yes, I have seen Chelsea Lately, and always crack up the entire show, so I was sure to get a few laughs while reading. A few laughs was putting it mildly. I cracked up - out loud - the ENTIRE book. Seriously, it was flipping hilarious. I bought the book through iBooks, and read start to finish within 24 hours. I just couldn't get enough. It's vulgar and raunchy, yet super smart and soooo so funny! One of my favorite parts is this:
"After I decided to never meet this person in public, I looked down at my gut. My body had really taken a turn for the worse, and the surprise party I was throwing for my thirtieth birthday was three weeks away. I knew I wasn't out-and-out fat, and I don't think anyone would have described me as a heifer, but there was definitely some toning up needed. It had gotten to the point that the only body parts I felt comfortable exposing in public were my forearms.  Everything else seemed to be in some state of disrepair, especially my abdomen, which somehow managed to divide itself into three sections when I was sitting cross-legged. Something had to be done, so I closed MySpace and Googled the word "fatass." While looking at a website for liposuction, I learned that it was a six-to-eight-week recovery period, the clincher being that, during that time, I would under no circumstances be able to use street drugs. Obviously I had to think of a more realistic approach." 
The whole book consisted of quirky little passages like that, and always kept you wanting more! I immediately snatched up the sample of her other book, Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang... and plan to purchase the book as soon as I finish alllll my laundry and clean my house!
Happy weekend, everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com