Wednesday, July 27, 2011

{wedding in a box}

so today i woke with the feeling of being crafty. 

i have been working for what seems like every single day and have let my energy slip away from me... you know, instead of doing something creative or meaningful, i find myself on the couch, web surfing while watching the real housewives. (and hearing my husband's anger at their stupidity... and the fact that i'm obsessed). 
anyhow, today i wanted to put that crafty feel to good use. 
i started a wedding shadowbox about three months after our wedding... so that would be TWO years ago! so what better time than now to finish! 
i went to hobby lobby in search of a new frame, a bigger one, and scored with a 50 percent off beauty. a simple, modern, black frame with black canvas backing... yes, please!
i carefully removed all my belongings from the first frame and rearranged them in the new one. everything i intended on using fit perfectly, and i am in love with the finished product. 

here is what i used in my shadow box-
wedding invitation
wedding program
two photos
flowers from my bouquet
a piece of burlap used at our reception
true love story quote printed on paper and backed with burlap
a gold 'H' that was also a score at hobby lobby (i have the large one hanging in our living room)
pearl pins
glue dots to give extra security
shadow box
so many memories.
and now when i walk through my living room, i am reminded again of how special our day truly was.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com