Monday, September 12, 2011

{distressing wood & mason jar wall art}

if you love mason jars as much as me, you will L.O.V.E this project.
a special thanks to the million pins on PINTEREST for this fabulous idea!!!

it was unbelievably beautiful outside on saturday and we wanted to spend as much time as possible outdoors. i have some upcoming projects that will require me to distress wood and play around with stains and colors - so what better day than today to practice.

i took a piece of wood that my hubby cut to size to make a mason jar wall sconce. i can't tell you how easy this was to make. (and how expensive they are to buy!)
i used turquoise paint, then added the stain, wiping off as i went. i purchased a 3 inch pipe clamp at home depot, positioned it on my wood and nailed a hole through the back, allowing my little mason jar to slip right in. i put a hanger on the back for easy hanging. 
simple.
all i need to do is to hang it up and fill it with fresh flowers!

after all this fun crafting with my hubby, i believe i am ready to tackle my BIG project. i can't wait to share the outcome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com