Sunday, September 5, 2010

September is here... and fall is NEAR!


I can't believe September is here. It feels like just yesterday I was getting excited to go swimming and to go to the beach... and it's now September. This summer has been so wonderful… two amazing beach trips with our families, a visit with Jane and a trip to the Biltmore, a visit from Jess and Nick - getting krispy creme for breakfast and seeing Jack Johnson, seeing Patty Griffin and The Swell Season... I know I'm leaving out so much - but it was all so wonderful. Now that summer is winding down, and things begin to change....
IT'S TIME FOR FALL!!!!!!!!
Things I'm SO looking forward to...
- Decorating my house with pumpkins and mums and the sweet smells that autumn brings!
- Fall eating - soups and appetizer dishes always put me in a fall mood!
- MARSHALL FOOTBALL!!! This weekend we are going home to celebrate the MU vs. WVU game with family and friends. There will be lots of tailgating going on for this game! Also, my sister is having another sweet baby girl, Ava Victoria, and she should be arriving hopefully around this time!
- My amazing niece Lauren celebrates her tenth birthday... double digits... oh. my. god.
- CALIFORNIA!!!!!! We are leaving on the 24th to go to Cali and I am so very excited. We will be spending the first half with family in LA and seeing BAND OF HORSES at the Greek Theater (so freaking excited), then David and I are heading north to Monterey, Carmel by the Sea, Big Sur, and Salinas - then ending the trip with wine tasting in Santa Barbara... god, I can't freaking wait.
September will be gone before we know it… And October will be upon us! October is my favorite month of the year, and not because it is my birth month… it’s just a fabulous month.  This will be another busy month. Once returning from California, it will be October - and the very next week, we leave for Jekyll Island, GA for David's committee! We are staying on the ocean, and I’m sure I will have lots of down time while he is in meetings…. So I’m packing loads of books and a beach blanket and plan on doing absolutely nothing, which is completely fine by me.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the pre-fall season! Pretty soon the pumpkins and gourds will be available for purchase and our homes will smell of pumpkin spice and cinnamon! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com