Tuesday, May 11, 2010

EAT, PRAY, LOVE

A book I read sometime ago changed me for the better. It made me carefully assess everything I do, say, see... before taking my next step.  It made me believe that on the inside - when healthy - I will thrive. 
Eat. Pray. Love.
Three words to live by - or a book passed down to me by my sweet, novel addicted sister. And may I add, this book changed me. 
A self discovery... To live and let live... To let go... To just be.
I found myself SO engaged in the hours spent reading, and sad when the end was near. 
This was a woman without a plan - just an enormous dream, and a decision to take a chance with the unknown.  A dream to rid her life of every mistake and fill that space with light, beauty, and love.
Please read if you haven't already. It will lighten your heart and lift your spirit.


One of my favorite passages along the way...
"I walked home to my apartment and soft-boiled a pair of fresh brown eggs for my lunch.  I peeled the eggs and arranged them on a plate beside the seven stalks of the asparagus (which were so slim and snappy they didn't need to be cooked at all). I put some olives on the plate, too, and the four knobs of goat cheese I'd picked up yesterday from the formaggeria down the street, and two slices of pink, oily salmon. For dessert - a lovely peach, which the woman at the market had given to me for free and which was still warm from the Roman sunlight.  For the longest time I couldn't even touch this food because it was such a masterpiece of lunch, a true expression of the art of making something out of nothing.  Finally, when I had fully absorbed the prettiness of my meal, I went and sat in a patch of sunbeam on my clean wooden floor and ate every bite of it, with my fingers, while reading my daily newspaper article in Italian.  Happiness inhibited my every molecule."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com